Ok, these are going to kick your arse. Honest.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 75 g soft (room temp) butter
- 3/4 cup sugar/Splenda or alternative
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 12 mini cadbury creme eggs
- Usual bowls and mixing things
- An oven
- 12-pan muffin tray – for making medium sized muffins
- Cute Easter themed muffin tray liners
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl combine sugar, eggs, melted butter, vanilla essence and milk.
- Fold the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and salt) into the wet mixture.
- This makes a dozen, so spoon most of the mixture out into a standard 12-muffin tray, lined with the cutest Easter themed muffin liners you can find. <3 Leave a bit of mixture in the bowl as you need to cover up the Creme Eggs.
- Push a Creme Egg into the center of each muffin and cover them up with the left over mixture. This is where you can add a light sprinkling of chocolate chips to the top of the muffins… no? Go for it, go on!
- Bake for approx 15 minutes.
You can tell when a muffin is cooked as it bounces back on top and is slightly golden around the outside. Or you can poke it with a cake-poking-stick (skewer) and they come out clean. Well, maybe not in this case as there are Creme Eggs in the middle…